Johnson County Community Health Services has Water Testing Test Kits available at our office (private residential well water only). These kits test bacteriological water sampling of private water supplies are available for pick up Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Water samples that are not in the appropriate container will not be accepted.
- Samples cannot be transferred from one container to another.
- The cost of testing is $10.00 which will need to be sent with sample to the state health lab.
- Homeowners collect their own sample and can choose how to deliver to the state lab. A courier picks up at our office Monday thru Wednesday. If you wish to use the courier, it must be in our office by 11:30 am on the day of collection.
- The package must be sealed and have the return label (provided with the kit) affixed to the outside of the box.
For any questions or concerns regarding private drinking water testing, please contact Environmental Health directly at (660) 747-6121, ext. 258.