JOHNSON COUNTY, MO (August 14, 2020) – Johnson County Community Health Services (JCCHS) is saddened to announce a third death related to complications from COVID-19 in Johnson County on Friday, Aug. 14, 2020.
The death occurred late Friday morning while the resident was being treated for COVID-19 related symptoms in a hospital outside of Johnson County.
All residents are reminded to continue taking preventive actions and be responsible to prevent the spread of COVID-19. These actions include:
- Wear a face covering when in a public location
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover coughs and sneezes using your elbow or shoulder rather than your hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
If you suspect that you have COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, call your healthcare provider to let them know before seeking care. It is critical that your provider is aware you may have COVID-19 prior to your arrival at a healthcare facility, and that you follow all instructions.
For more information please visit our website at www.Johnsoncountyhealth.org or call the State of Missouri Hotline at 1-877-435-8411.