WARRENSBURG, Mo. (August 5, 2021) – With COVID-19 transmission rates in Johnson County maintaining a significant risk level, the Johnson County Community Health Services (JCCHS) Board of Trustees has approved a Public Health Advisory for the county.
The Public Health Advisory encourages individuals to take preventative measures on slowing the continued spread of COVID-19. The JCCHS Board recommends that individuals make the best decision for themselves and family. This could include following new guidance by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) identified in the advisory. Individuals are also encouraged to discuss safety precautions with their health care provider. This CDC encourages fully vaccinated people to:
- Wear a face covering that covers nose and mouth in public indoor settings in an area of substantial or high transmission rates.
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Get tested 3-5 days following a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, and wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days.
- Isolate if you have tested positive for COVID-19 for 10 days or are experiencing symptoms.
The CDC also recommends universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students and visitors to schools, regardless of vaccination status.
Additionally, the CDC recommends unvaccinated people to:
- Talk to your health care provider about the COVID -19 vaccine.
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine if qualify.
- Wear a face covering that covers the nose and mouth.
- Physical distance when around others who do not live in the same household.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Wash hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
- If exposed, follow the proper quarantine procedures.
- If symptomatic, seek out testing for COVID-19.
- If tested positive, isolate from others for at least 10 days, and notify anyone who would be considered a close contact.
Face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
To view the most recent Public Health Advisory, please visit https://johnsoncountyhealth.org/news/covid-19-in-johnson-county/
Individuals may also call the MO DHSS hotline at 877-435-8411 for questions regarding COVID-19 in Missouri.