· A special re-entry task force has developed a COVID-19 Recovery and Response plan.
· We will monitor local numbers of cases and metrics closely. These numbers will help determine when Johnson County moves through the steps.
· The reopening will not happen overnight. This is a slow and steady recovery, which means it will take weeks to months to transition between each step, and help Johnson County return to a more normal way of life.
Where is Johnson County Now?
We are currently in Phase 2 – Step 1. This means the stay-at-home order has expired and Johnson County can begin to slowly open. It will take weeks to months before we move into Step 2.
Guidelines and Recommendations
- If you feel sick, stay home.
- Contact your doctor or healthcare provider if you are experiencing the symptoms of
- Continue to practice personal protect measures, including:
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer
- Wear a mask when going out in public
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow
- Conduct daily cleaning of frequently used surfaces
- Contact your doctor when you become symptomatic
- Avoid socializing in groups where you cannot maintain a remain 6 ft distance.
- Minimize travel
For additional information and toolkits specific to individuals and businesses, please use the link below.
Report a Safety Concern
To report a Johnson County business that you believe is not following the guidelines and prioritizing the safety of its staff and customers, please submit a concern here.