DHSS Releases COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Order Approving Vaccines for Phase 1-B
The Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) released a COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Order approving local agencies to move into Phase 1-B vaccination.
This order provides Johnson County Community Health Services (JCCHS) the opportunity to continue vaccinating individuals in Phase 1-A. In addition, JCCHS is planning the first round of large vaccination clinics to include vaccinating individuals whose status or condition includes them in Phase 1B – Tiers 1 and 2.
Due to the fast paced schedule provided by the state, the first vaccination clinic has not been finalized, however, it is anticipated to be scheduled for the week of January 18, 2021. Once the plans are final, individuals will be able to register for a time, date and location.
Vaccines are in limited supply, so pre-registration is strongly encouraged. More information on how to register will be made available as plans are finalized.
Registration updates will be available at http://johnsoncountyhealth.org/covid-19-vaccine-in-johnson-county/. Vaccines are for Johnson County, Missouri residents only.
DHSS has redefined Phase 1-B to include multiple tiers. These include:
Phase 1B – Tier 1: First Responders, Emergency Services, and Public Health Infrastructure
Protecting those who keep us safe and help us during an emergency Non-Patient Facing Public Health Infrastructure*:
- Administrators and staff at federal, state, or local public health agencies and other healthcare workers who carry out functions necessary to the operation of the state’s healthcare infrastructure that were not included in 1A.
- First Responders*: All federal, state, and/or local first responders beyond EMS/EMTs in 1A, including law enforcement, fire services, corrections, and certain social service agencies.
- Emergency Management and Public Works*: Federal, state, or local government employees in emergency management and public works agencies, identified nonprofit organizations designated as partner voluntary agencies.
- Emergency Services Sector: Employees defined in the emergency services sector not otherwise listed, including law enforcement, fire and rescue services, emergency medical services, emergency management, and public works.
Phase 1B – Tier 2:High-Risk Individuals:
Protecting those who are at increased risk for severe illness.
- Anyone aged 65 and older
- Adults with the following conditions:
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Intellectual and/or developmental disabilities such as Down syndrome
- Heart Conditions such as heart failure
- CAD (coronary artery disease) or cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised state from solid organ transplant
- Severe Obesity (BMI >40kg/m2)
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
The schedules for the remaining tiers and phases will be released by the State of Missouri and have yet to be determined.
Individuals are reminded to continue following safety precautions as we continue to experience positive COVID-19 cases in Johnson County and beyond. These include the 3Ws – Watch your distance, Wear a mask, Wash your hands.