COVID-19 Vaccine in
Johnson County, MO
Johnson County Missouri
COVID-19 Vaccine Registration
The vaccination registration will add you to a list to be called and schedule your appointment.
If you have already filled out the survey, please take time to fill this most recent updated version.
Please only fill out this survey once. If you fill it out multiple times, your most recent response will be used.
This is based on the current Phase and tier as defined by the State of Missouri. You will be notified to schedule an appointment when clinics are available.
All vaccination clinics are scheduled based on vaccine availability allocated by the state.
If you have registered with JCCHS to receive your COVID vaccine, you may be wondering why you haven’t been contacted for an appointment. Here’s some background information.
- JCCHS has received a small number of prime doses to host the first round of clinics, followed by second doses.
- JCCHS is currently awaiting additional shipments of prime dose vaccine. Once received, more clinics will be scheduled.
- There are approximately 6,500 community members interested in receiving their vaccine.
- Community members are scheduled based on the current Phase and Tiers defined by the state, and will be scheduled based on when they registered and in which Phase/Tier they qualify.
- With the state’s current allocation program, only 8% of state available vaccine will be provided to local public health agencies across the state.
- Due to the small amount of vaccine received, JCCHS has had to cancel previously scheduled clinics. Vaccine is ordered weekly; however, it is not guaranteed.
- As vaccine becomes available, clinics will be scheduled, and individuals registered will be contacted for an appointment.
- Community member are encouraged to register with other organizations as well.
Things to know before your visit:
- Allow 30 minutes for visit.
- Wear clothing with easy access to upper arm.
- Pregnant women must present a physicians order.
- All safety precautions must be followed and include wearing a face covering, and physical distancing when possible.
Current Vaccination Plan
Johnson County is currently finishing up Phase 1-A and 1B-Tiers 1 & 2.
Beginning March 15, Tier 3 will begin vaccinations.
ALL VACCINATION CLINICS ARE BASED ON VACCINE AVAILABILITY ALLOCATED BY THE STATE.
The read more about Phase 1-B Tiers, click below.
The COVID-19 vaccine has arrived in Johnson County. JCCHS continues to work closely with the State of Missouri on the planning and distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine.
We are working closely with local partners for storage and county-wide distribution plans of the vaccine.
Phase 1-A distribution continues, and we will begin Phase 1-B -Tiers 1 and 2.
Mass vaccination clinics are being finalized and expected to begin the week of January 18.
Your vaccine availability will be based on your age, your health and other factors to help protect our high-risk communities.
Local updates about the COVID-19 vaccines for Johnson County will be posted on this page as more information becomes available.
For more info about the redefined Phase 1-B and the tiers, please visit https://covidvaccine.mo.gov/.
Phase 1B – Tier 3: Critical Infrastructure
Protecting those who keep the essential functions of society running
- Education: Teachers, faculty, and staff in public, private, and nonprofit pre K – 12.
- Childcare: Faculty and staff in a DHSS or DSS -licensed facility providing basic care to children
- Communications Sector Employees at public, private, or nonprofit organizations that provide communications services
- Dams Sector: Employees at public, private, or nonprofit organizations that provide services in the dams sector related to critical water retention and control services.
- Energy Sector: Employees at public, private, or nonprofit organizations that provide energy services, regardless of the energy source.
- Food/Agriculture Sector – initial: Employees of certain food production and processing facilities, and related operations, prioritizing mass food production, distribution, transportation, wholesale and retail sales, including grocery and convenience stores where groceries are sold; includes veterinary services.
- Government: Elected officials in any branch of government at the state, county, and/or municipal levels required for the continuity of government; members of the judiciary at the federal, state, and/or local levels required for the continuity of government; employees designated by the federal government that fall within the state’s vaccine allocation responsibilities; other designated government personnel required for the continuity of government.
- Information Technology Sector: Employees at public, private, or nonprofit organizations that provide IT services.
- Nuclear Reactors, Materials, and Waste Sector: Employees at public, private, or nonprofit organizations that work in this sector.
- Transportation Systems Sector: Employees in the transportation systems sector including aviation, highway and motor carriers, maritime transportation systems, mass transit and passenger rail, pipeline systems, freight rail, and postal shipping.
- Water and Wastewater Systems Sector Employees at public, private, and/or nonprofit organizations that provide drinking or wastewater services.
To read the news release issued by JCCHS, please click HERE