Hospice is available to the terminally ill with the following criteria:
- A diagnosis of a life-threatening illness and life expectancy of six months or less if the disease runs its expected course, as determined by the attending physician.
- Patient is seeking comfort measures, rather than curative treatment.
- The patient, family, and physician understand that artificial, life-prolonging procedures are not consistent with the hospice philosophy.
- Admission to hospice is approved by the attending physician and medical director.
- A competent caregiver is available to assume responsibility when the client can no longer meet their own personal needs, or long term care plans are in place.
- Client lives in covered service area.
For any questions or concerns regarding hospice, please contact Johnson County Hospice at (660) 747-6121.